Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day!  I must admit I'm not the "greenest" person on the planet, but there are a few things that I try to conserve.  One of those being is paper towels.  I could truly live without them.  I grew up using dish towels and dish rags to wipe, wash, dry, etc. 
If you are a paper towel user, try using a towel which is washable.  If you just can't use a towel, use a sponge.  A quick trick with a sponge is to heat it in the microwave (I think it needs to be wet) for 30 seconds. This will kill the bacteria in the sponge, and you can reuse it multiple times.

On a random note, I "recycled" some tunes on the morning drive.  I listened to the oldies station!  I actually found myself getting really excited to hear this song come on the radio (I wasn't even born when this song came out).  While it was on and between singing, I kept thinking, "man, I feel old," and"I am acting old by enjoying this song?"  Today, I have an excuse, its Earth Day!  Lets all do our part to recycle, reduce, and reuse!

No comments: