Monday, June 7, 2010

Fallen in like

The Mr. and I have had a long journey with the current house we live.  Last year this time, we didn't have a kitchen.  In fact, it looked like this.



It was really hard for me to "fall in love" with a place I couldn't even walk bare foot around (a place you pay a mortgage on, and it looks like this; gets you really bummed).  The Mr. put many hours of blood (literally...a jig saw cut his leg), sweat, and (my) tears in to this house to make it our home. 
The Mr. and I were "lounging" in the pool on Sunday looking back at the house remembering this time last year.  Honestly, it wasn't the best time in our lives.  I was extremely unhappy, and while cleaning the pool last year (we didn't lounge at all last year), I looked back on this house as a HUGE mistake and just wanted my old life back.
While I have not "fallen in love" with this house, I certainly have "fallen in like" with it.  When we purchased this house, we really liked the idea of a pool and being able to entertain (although, we probably won't have another pool...).  We also liked that it was an older home and it has some charm to it.  This weekend, we really got to enjoy the house.  We had folks over on Saturday for a little pool party, and on Friday I got to pick some flowers and make an arrangement.  These little things make this house feel like home. 

This picture is taken from the same view as the picture above.


Our kitchen today

1 comment:

Mary-Margaret said...

I think your house looks so great, and the hydrangeas are BEAUTIFUL!!! I know you are glad to be more settled now.