Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Watch those coupons....

Yesterday I went to Publix for big shopping trip.  My mom and aunt gave me their coupons from their papers from the past few weeks, so I was armed with savings!  Also, Nick wasn't with me, so I was able to spend a full hour in the grocery store matching my coupons with the store deals!

I saved $60 and spent $63.  However, after examination of my receipt when I got home, I noticed my $4 off 4 Beggin Strips coupon was only calculated as 40 cents.  UGH...that burned me up! 

Since I now have a pregger belly, people tend to distract me with the typical questions asked of a pregnant lady (When are you due, What are you having, Is it your first.....????).  The bagger had the line up of questions flying, so I wasn't paying attention to the screen. 

Next time, I will need to follow the tips of the trade.

-Stack coupons highest to lowest value.  If one pops on the screen out of order (40 cents instead of $4), you know that is an immediate red flag of a possible error.

-Hand the cashier coupons one by one.  I am sure this ticks them off, but if you want full savings, it is worth it!  If I would have done it, I would have saved $3.60 more yesterday!!!

No comments: