Thursday, May 6, 2010

FACHE


As of May 1st, I finally reached Fellow status in the American College of Healthcare Executives.  Having letters behind your name in healthcare is a HUGE deal.  As I have said here, you can't go to even an orientation at the hospital or conference without seeing a nurse sign their name with "RN, BSN, MSN, etc" behind it, or any other profession in healthcare put their own letters behind their name on everything. 

I guess you work so hard for it you don't want to not use it!  For my credential, I went through 3 interview by current Fellows, took a huge exam that I studied 6 months for, had to get 3 recommendation letters sent on my behalf from current Fellows, earned 40 hours of continuing education credits (CEUs), and sent in a huge application (oh, can't for get all the application and exam fees in there too).  After all that was done, I had to wait until I had 5 years of management experience for it to go in effect. 

I wish I could say I can sit back and relax now, but some of my CEUs are on the verge of expiring!  It looks like Meredith MHA, FACHE will be signing up for some conferences ASAP!

WOOOHOO, I'm finally a big girl in healthcare!

4 comments:

Julie said...

SO proud of you!!! Way to go!!!! Meredith, MHA, FACHE, DA BOMB. :)

TeeTee Lynn said...

Congratulations Meredith! I know how important those letters after your name are! :) Keep up the great work!

Kegan said...

You are doing good. Keep up the good work. Maybe one day your sister will catch up with you. lol....

Meredith said...

Thanks y'all!!

Julie, Do you remember that guy I went out with a few times who's email signature was literally had letters behind his name ten lines long...what was I thinking...