Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rust Stain Removal

We've had two rust rings in the bottom of our vegetable sink for about 2 months.  I have scrubbed and scrubbed at these things, and nothing got them out!  I was very annoyed at the sight of them.  My annoyance reminded me of when my parents used to get frustrated at us, kids, when we messed up something.  They would say something like "we paid good money for that, and now you've screwed it up (ruined it)."  I realize now that adult who pay for things (aka Me and the Mr) can screw things up too!  The Mr. left a soup can in the sink and water got underneath it, and it rusted.

The saying from my childhood began to ring in my head (not at the Mr, but just dang....yes, we paid good money for this newly renovated kitchen and now we got a dang rust stain in the sink). Sigh!

Well, I tell you all this, but also to let you know that this story does have a happy ending!  I was reading a blog (don't remember which one); it had a post about cheap cleaning tips.  Of course, I perked up and was ready to read!  One of the tips was about rust! 

Rust removal: lemon juice and baking soda!  Create a paste on the spot, and it will come right out!  It worked! 

2 comments:

Kegan said...

Softner Guard will get it out also. Daddy has it! But the Mr. will have to use it b/c it smells like sulfur and you do not need to be around a strong smell like that being pregnant. It is a powder.

Kegan said...

Softner Guard will get it out also. Daddy has it! But the Mr. will have to use it b/c it smells like sulfur and you do not need to be around a strong smell like that being pregnant. It is a powder.