Monday, May 17, 2010

It was a SAD day at my Publix

As you know by reading, I have been a very lucky Publix shopper.  My Publix has been taking the $10 off $30 purchase World Market coupons since Thanksgiving!  These have saved us tons of money.  Every time I used them, the Mr. just shook his head in disbelieve and always said "I just don't know why they take those; they can't be making any money." He goes on to tell me how low of a mark up grocery stores have.

The latest World Market coupon I had expired on Saturday (5/15/10). On Friday night, we went by the Publix to use the high value coupons one more time.  While shopping, I looked over at the customer service desk.  There was a bold sign stating "This Publix will no longer take World Market coupons effective 6/1/10." I almost started to cry!  Just this trip alone, we saved $50 off our bill with those coupons. 

Oh well, all good things must come to an end I guess.  I have really enjoyed shopping at Publix with their great coupon policy.  I hope they don't get too strict with their policy, as I might just send me back to Wal-Mart.  Ugh, I hope not!

Also, a note about the James Island Publix; they recently updated their store coupon policy as well.  They will only take competitor coupons of those stores on James Island.  That is the same policy of the Lexington Publix.

If you hear anything about more changing policies at your local Publix, please leave a comment to keep us all updated.

1 comment:

Kegan said...

That has to bite...Hate to hear your big shopping spree has to end. It was good while it lasted.