Tuesday, February 9, 2010

All Dressed Up & No Place To Go!


You know how I told you that The Mr. is an Agronomist (and a Boilermaker)? Well in the marriage vows (not really) I agreed to tag along with him to some things. One of those things is the Charleston Horticultural Society meetings. These meetings are on the 2nd Monday of every month at the downtown museum. They talk about plants, and a bunch of old people and "master gardeners" (whatever that is) attend. Oh, and then there is me! I'm not much of a plant person, but The Mr. has a huge appreciate for plants and soils, so I go.
Most of you are thinking "why don't you just stay at home?" Well, I tried that once. Creepy things happened at the house. For one, two cats got under our house and were making strange noises and freaked me and Graham out (a few months later there were kittens...you know what they were doing. If Graham and I would have know, we would have turned on some Marvin Gay for them). The second thing was the burly roofer guy showed up at the house wanting his check. While I know he needed to be paid, I was in my robe, Graham was going nuts trying to get at him, and has the man heard of an invoicing system like every other business?
So, forgive me for getting side tracked, but I say all of that to tell you, the reason I ALWAYS tag along without hesitation. Back to last night.
We were hustling to get downtown. It takes all of 30 minutes to get there. We kept circling the block for parking (3 times or so..who knew downtown was a happening place on Mondays). We "circled" right past 6:30 when the program began. Both of us didn't have any cash, so the parking garage was out of the question. At that moment, we knew we were like the old ladies in the nursing home… "all dressed up and no place to go!" We just drove right back home. The bright side is we got home in plenty of time for Chuck!

How was your Monday?

No comments: