Thursday, February 18, 2010

A BIG FAT BOOOO goes to dinner last night!

I don't know about ya'll, but cooking dinner when I get home is the last thing I want to do.  I wish it was on the table as soon as I came home.  The Mr. didn't have any ideas, so I took the path of least resistance.  I looked on the back of a can to get my recipe!  A BIG FAT BOOOO goes to dinner last night!

I got the recipe for Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole from the back of the cream of chicken can.  It required rice, cream of chicken, chicken breasts, frozen veges, and some seasoning.  It was supposed to take 50 minutes to cook, but it was more like 2 hours to cook!  After an hour and a half, we took some of it out, so we could eat.  The rice was not done, so it was disgusting!  Then we stuck it back in the oven for another 30 minutes (¡Ay, caramba!).

The only being in the house that enjoyed the dinner was Graham.  He hardly ever gets table scraps, but I just wanted the food on my plate to disappear.  So yet again, I took the path of least resistance and dumped it into Graham's bowl!  Boy, was he as "happy as a lark!"

Dear Mr. Campbell (soup),
You strongly need to consider taking that recipe off the back of the can.  You are not doing your company any favors.  It will be a long time until I go for the next can of cream of chicken.  Yes, I will admit I am not the best cook in the world.  If I was a good cook, I wouldn't be seeking the back of a can for a recipe.  Therefore, I am your target customer, and if I didn't do the recipe exactly right, it is apparent it is too advanced for the back of the can.  50 minutes, who are you people trying to kid?
A woman who went to bed HUNGRY,
Mrs. Soirées & Shenanigans