Thursday, February 11, 2010

BOOOO Subway!

Did any of you have luck using this Subway coupon

I was very excited about using this coupon. It had a very short expiration date, so I took it with me on our trip to Myrtle Beach. The Mr. and I decided to use it for lunch, since he only had an hour before going to his classes. We searched for a Subway (typically there on every corner), but not in Myrtle Beach. (They have Wings and Eagles on every corner that are OPEN in the dead of winter. Who shops there in the winter?) The Mr. busted out the Blackberry, so we could locate one! Well, we kept driving in circles for 15 minutes trying to locate one that clearly didn't exist. We finally got back on the highway and were keeping our eyes pealed. Then we decided just to eat at Sticky Fingers, so we were going to make a "U-ie."

Then, we spotted a Subway. I was so "stoked" to use the coupon. The Mr. wanted a foot-long, so I thought, well if we buy a foot-long then certainly they will let us use the coupon to get a 6 inch for free! (First rule of couponing, FOLLOW THE COUPON EXACTLY...no exceptions. I knew this, but come on, I was buying more).

So, we are getting "ringed up," and the MANGER tells me that he doesn't have a "button" on the register for this coupon, so he has no way of letting us use it. Then he tells me that in order for us to get a free sub, we'll have to break the Mr's foot-long into two subs and pay for them separately. I was like "let me get this straight. You want me to pay more for the food just to use this coupon?....No Thank You!" I was "stewing" to say the least.

We ate there, and I was so bummed out and blamed myself for not following the rules. That really ticked me off. I was really craving Sticky Fingers at this point.

Well, yesterday I was talking to one of my "readers," and she went to two locations. Both locations wouldn't let her use it. They said they don't accept coupons! WHAT? It was on the Subway website.


Dear Jared,
Subway sandwich shop has really ticked some ladies off in South Carolina. Please tell the Subway CEO that he has potentially lost customers due to the "mangers" not having a "button" on his cash registers and other locations denying corporate’s coupon.
What was Subway’s purpose for making us go through all those shenanigans on the web site to build our favorite sandwich just to go into your locations and not walk out with the offer?
Jared, I would like for you to personally look into this for us, and get back to us soon on this very important matter!
Maker of the Mmmmm Good Turkey Sub,
Mrs. Soirées & Shenanigans