Friday, March 26, 2010

Don't Forget: Carolina Consigns Event: Friday and Saturday!

I posted about this event a couple of weeks ago. (Click Here).  Last night, I went to the preview sale (I helped with some advertising of the event, so I got to shop early), and bought several things.  Everything is very organized and they have a lot of great things (womens clothes and house wares) at reasonable prices. 

I shopped the maternity rack...of course.  I found a pair of 7 for all Mankind maternity jeans for $30.  This was by far my deal from the sale and favorite item purchased.  After shopping at the sale, I went to Pea in the Pod at Town Centre, and their Seven jeans were $210 (yikes...).  In fact, there really wasn't anything in that store less than $40.

At Carolina Consigns, I purchased the jeans, a pair of shorts, four shirts, and a dress for $77! 

One thing to note about the sale.  You can't try anything on in a dressing room(BUMMER), so dress accordingly.  If I go back, I will wear leggings and a tank with a big shirt over it.  When I want to try something, I will just take the big shirt off.  No dressing rooms are common at these sales, as they can't control theft. 

Here are the sale details:
Sale Website: http://www.carolinaconsigns.com/
Hamlin Plantation Clubhouse in Mt. Pleasant.
Fri. 3/26—public sale 10AM-7PM
Sat. 3/27—public sale 8AM-4PM (50% off 11AM-4PM)

3 comments:

Kegan said...

Wish I could go and see what it was all about. Would love to get Logan some clothes and me some more pants and tops for work. I finally got some of my older maternity clothes back for they are not in the best shape. Have to be careful who you lend them to. Glad you were able to get some deals.

Julie said...

Great shopping, M!! Glad lil one isn't cramping your fashion style! :)

Meredith said...

Kegan, I think I have a top for you from the sale. I will bring it next week. Mom mentioned that you had lent your clothes to someone. That's too bad.

Julie, you should go to the sale! This little one has cramped my style...maternity clothes are UGLY! The dress I bought yesterday is ugly....not my normal style, but I felt I had to buy it becuase all maternity clothes are ugly. I only have to wear it for a few months. I held the thing up last night, and just stared at it. The Mr. was like...are you really going to wear that???