Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Guest Post: Couponing at the James Island Publix (Folly Road)

I have received lots of emails from those who have shopped at other Publix.  Many of you have not had any luck with competitor coupons.  I asked one of my coworkers, Sheri, (a coupon queen) to explain how it work at the Publix on James Island.  Here is what she said:

"I have not had any issues with coupons at the Publix on JI. A few cashiers I stay away from because they scrutinize my coupons, but I always have them done correctly. They take anyone as a competitor except World Market. They won't let you split orders anymore...only 1 $5 off coupon per day. I know people that just go outside and come in for more shopping to use another $5 off coupon. I have used Rite Aid, CVS, Earth Fare, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, and Bi-Lo coupons without any problem. There is a new policy from Corporate though after the Knox $4 (most Knox items are less than a dollar) fiasco... the value of the coupon can't be higher than the cost of the product...i.e you can't use a $4 off coupon for an item that is $1. "

Readers, the next time you go to Publix on James Island; feel comfortable using any competitor coupon except World Market.  If the cashier says you can't use it, ask for the manager.

No comments: