Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cougars stun North Carolina




The title of this post is taken straight out of the local paper! College of Charleston beats UNC last night in overtime (82-79). C of C has only done this 3 times! I'm proud to say the other 2 times were when I was a student at C of C! It was nice to wake up this morning and gloat to my naysayer husband when the 5AM news announced the big win! Go Cougars!! You're C of C pictures and paraphernalia in my home are earning their keep (althought the husband asked if I wanted to take them to work with me this morning)!
That naysayer husband of mine is a Boilermaker. For the Southerners out there, that is Purdue, a “little” school in Indiana where most of the Astronauts went to school and where my husband graduated! No ladies (and gentlemen?), he isn’t an Astronaut rather an Agronomist (“what’s that,” you say….we’ll talk about later).

Back to basketball…I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that the Boilermakers are currently UNDEFEATED (Boiler Up). So, it looks like we are going to have a pretty good basketball season at our house if I didn't just jinx it. (We won’t talk about those football shenanigans…don’t mention it!)

Happy Tuesday!  If you get bored today, tune in ESPN. C of C is all over that!!

No comments: