Thursday, January 7, 2010

Top 10 songs of the Decade

While driving in the car on Sunday, we listened to the top 100 songs of the Decade. Luckily we caught it right at the end to hear the top 5 songs. Below are the top 10 Songs from 2000-2009 with their release dates! I feel like some of these songs just came out yesterday! However, that is not the case at all. Some came out when I just started college!
Under the top 5 songs in italics, I have listed a special memory I have when I hear the songs today!

1 - Usher: Yeah (March 2004)
This song I will NEVER forget! I had just started my first job and didn't have an office yet. The CEO let me use his computer to get some things done, so I hopped on his computer and was doing my thing (everything but work and everyone was about to know it....)! As you may remember, Myspace was HOT at the time. My friend, Julie, had this song on her page. Well, when I clicked on her page, the whole C-suite heard that song coming from/”thumping it” from the CEO’s office! I was like "holy shizit" and frantically closing out ever window on that computer to get it to STOP! Rule number one: NEVER screw around on the CEO's computer or at least turn the speaker volume down because apparently he is really hard of hearing!!

2 - Lifehouse: Hanging By A Moment (October 2000)
No real personal memories of this song, but one of by best grad school friends, Heather, loves this band! I am sure we belted this song out plenty of times on the way to the gym in her candy apple red Honda coupe!

3 - Flo Rida [Featuring T-Pain]: Low (March 2008)
For Stef's 30th Birthday Party in the Fl Keys (Marathon), this was the song of the week! One of the girls on the trip had it as a ring tone on her phone. She would randomly play the song throughout the trip, and the whole group of girls would bust out in song & dance. We certainly got funny looks in the airport and the one honky tonk bar in Marathon.

4 - Kelly Clarkson: Since U Been Gone (November 2004)
Well this song was perfect timing for my relationship status. I had just broken off my engagement to a guy I had dated since high school. So, Nov 2004 was the first time I had really hit the dating scene since being out of my parents' house. Oh, "it was the best of times (feeling free) and the worst of times" (blind dates never worked out for me)!

5 - 50 Cent: In Da Club (February 2003)
This was a hit song when I graduated college. I went with a group of my girlfriends on a graduation cruise in May 2003, and this song was HOT! No particular memories with this songs, but that cruise, tons of memories.
For my girls who read that were on that trip, here is a few one liners:
"Call Maintenance the water is TOO HOT...no YOU call maintenance…No YOU!"
"Hey where's Natalie? Oh, the Schooner bar...that's right!”
"Roll down the windows; I'm turning off the AC. We're on E...so, where can we get off this toll road for gas?

6 - Leona Lewis: Bleeding Love (April 2008)

7 - Beyonce: Irreplaceable (December 2006)

8 - The All American Rejects: Gives You Hell (December 2008)

9 - Fergie: Big Girls Don't Cry (release date September 2006)

10 - Linkin Park: In The End (release date October 2000)

Got any memories of these songs?  I love to hear them!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I like to think that Usher song is what jolted you to success in the workplace. If only others were as lucky to have such cool myspace friends. HA!
Another cruise memory:
"I'd like to order 50 orange juices to our room please."
"WHAT?! FIFTY oj's!?"
"yes, please."

Oh, and "you sound just like Barry White." Nat's gotta get on this blog!!

Meredith said...

You make me laugh!I forgot about Barry White! Funny!
At the time, I thought I was so fired!

Allison said...

hahaha I can just picture that happening!!! I think that beats the magazine story :)

whitkerr said...

Shorty go low low low low . . .

Sexy Rex-y! That was a great trip. . .