Friday, January 8, 2010

Hey Culligan Man, You Rock!


My Daddy has been a Culligan Man for my whole life. ("A Culligan Man?" you say. Well you must not be from the Mid West or the North, as it is a household name in those parts...here's a link to fill you in). In fact, the year I was born he built his "shop" (our family name for "his home away from home"). My Dad once said "selling water / water treatment equipment isn't a sexy career, but it puts food on the table!" Well, it has done a lot more than that; he provided tons for our family and still does!

While growing up, my Dad always wanted to make sure us kids knew the importance of giving. He never made a show about giving; he just did it! My Dad was honored on Monday night with The Pillar of the Community Award by the Town of Lexington and Police Department. He has donated over 8,000 bottles of water to them. He was recognized at the town council meeting and received an award shaped like a pillar. Wow, how cool is that?


Dear Daddy,
We are so proud of you...Congrats! You have always been very generous, but often take the "behind the senses approach" when giving and doing good deeds. You're hardly ever recognized for the many (often private) deeds you've done. I know it may have been out of your comfort zone to go to the town council meeting to accept this awesome award, but you deserve it; you rock! I am so proud to call you My Dad!
Love,
Your Baby Girl

4 comments:

Julie said...

What an honor!! That's awesome!

whitkerr said...

Congratulations! Very cool. . . Way to go Auntie M's Pop!

Meredith said...

Thanks ya'll...My Dad doesn't know he made an appearance on the blog...in fact, I haven't mentioned it yet!

Kegan said...

That my daddy....always under the lime light. That is why I love him so much. I just wish I knew about before it was too late. I am proud that daddy finally is getting some kind of recongition in "L" town. Maybe we need to write it in the sky so everyone will know..lol...