Monday, January 11, 2010

SAVE as much as I SPEND!

My weekly grocery shopping trips are to Publix. I used to think Publix was so expensive, so I would only buy my meats and veges there (shop the perimeter). The rest of my groceries (packaged and canned products) came from Wal-Mart...After all, Wal-Mart is the cheapest....right?

After doing some research and reading how other people save, I found out Publix takes competitor coupons! Competitors are not limited to other grocery stores but is open to CVS, Rite Aid, Total Wine, World Market (some Publix's...check at customer service before shopping) just to name a few.

Also, Publix has a mystery product each Wednesday or Thursday (check when your Publix does it) for a PENNY! Not all locations require you have the penny coupon from the paper, so you'll need to check with yours. You can't get much closer to free than a penny! The penny deal has been anything from toilet paper to hot chocolate to frozen pizza.
Keep your eye out for these!!

When going grocery shopping, it is my goal to SAVE as much as I SPEND. This week I was close. I SPENT $40.02 and SAVED $34.18.

Below are my receipts for those of you who feel that couponing only fills your cart up with JUNK! I purchased chicken, ground meat, sausage, milk, OJ, produce, etc. Check it out!

I, by no means, am a pro at couponing or thrifty shopping, but I do my best. I generally go to the store once a week. Since I work full-time, I don't have time to go store-to-store to get the best deal from each store, but with Publix taking competitor coupons, it makes my grocery store trip much easier. It's a no brainer; Publix is a "one stop shop" for me!



I had to split my purchase due to my $5 CVS coupon was one per customer.  Since two of us were shopping, we made two purchases.

Do you know of any high value coupons out there? 
Miss Soirées & Shenanigans

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Since our conversation last week I have made it my personal mission to inform every one about Publix taking competitor coupons. I have to admit I even stopped and had a chat with the cashier last weekend regarding his phenomena. You would not believe how many people, myself included, do not know this wallet altering fact! I love it!

Meredith said...

I'm so excited to hear! There is a $5 off a $30 purchase from CVS out right now. You'll need to get some of these before heading on your next Publix trip! I LOVE ME SOME PUBLIX!!

Al said...

I clearly need to learn patience for coupon shopping!!!!

Meredith said...

once you get into couponing, you'll be mad at yourself for showing up to the store without them!
The Mr. knows not to surprise me with a grocery store trip with out the coupon folder!