Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm almost 30 yrs. old and still ride a bus!


I ride the bus everyday! Let me tell you, there is some rules that comes along with riding. I think you should have to sign some pledge that you will be a good rider or driver because a lot of people I encounter on this bus are RUDE not so kind!

Rider Rules:
#1 Two to a seat: Don't put your book-bag in the seat (it belongs in your lap), scoot to the window, and make room. If not, I'll say "could you please move your bag, I need a place to sit." AND PLEASE don't suck your teeth at my request (I hate those type of Shenanigans)!

#2 Wait your turn: When filing off the bus, we unload from front to back (no exceptions....we don't care if you are going to be late; we all have to be to work on time, so you should have got up earlier).

You always know the new people ("bless their hearts!"). They rush to the front because they think they're the only ones getting off. They'll only make that mistake on their first day!

#3 When loading the bus, it is who ever got to the bus stop first gets to load first. Don't cut in line!
What are some other bus rules? I know I am missing some.....

Bus Etiquette for Riders:
#1 Guys be a Gentleman like your Granny taught you. Now, I am all about a women being independent, but come on guys…if a girl gets on the bus, you should offer her your seat! I am one of the last stops to be picked up and generally there is standing room only. I'm 5' 2'' on a good day, so reaching the top handrail is a stretch for me, but I do it (however, I am tossed around that bus like a rag doll or a monkey hanging from a tree)! I may get asked once a month by a guy if I need his seat. Of course, I always take him up on the offer.

To my one or two male readers, if you were wearing 3 inch heels, I would offer you my seat!

#2 Women drop the independent crap and be lady by taking a gentleman up on his offer. Don't make him feel like less of a Gentleman by saying "no, I'll stand." You kill it for the rest of us ladies. Oh, and make sure to tell him "thank you."

#3 Please cover your nose and mouth when you cough and sneeze! I don't want to have to take my PTO because I HAD to sit with YOU, and you made me sick!

#4 If you're on your cell phone, keep it down! Remember, we can all hear about your ex-husband not paying child support, your "juicy" date from the night before and where you woke up, your kid failing algebra, and how much you hate your job.

Bus Etiquette for Drivers:
#1 When you see someone RUNNING to catch your bus, WAIT…don't drive off secretly laughing! You know you do it!

#2 If your rider greets you with "Good Morning," please don't just grunt or stare at them...politely greet them back!

#3 If you have riders standing up, please don't tap your brakes/do “brake checks” at the stop light!
PS I'm hanging on for “dear life” in the back!

#4 While we're on the subjects of breaks, you drive your route a million times a day. You know the traffic light patterns! Don't speed to the light, just to slam on brakes! You're driving a bus, Mario Andretti!

Happy Tuesday,
Mrs. Soirées & Shenanigans

No comments: